Monday, November 23, 2009

"Preface to Fundamentals Post"

ASAK Everyone; to the regular readers, to the newbies, to everyone. Man, I'm tired, I was playing tennis earlier this afternoon for, like, an hour, and for some strange reason my weekend's tennis class has caught up with me today, and my legs are sore. ANYWAYS, back to what I was saying. As most of you should know, through my post on the schedule of topics/posts, I at first planned on a post on Saturday, then I edited it to SUNDAY, and then, well hey, procrastination gets to us all(and we should try our best to avoid it), now I'm doing it on Monday night.

We, my fellow brothers and (somehow I think mostly) sisters in Islam, shall be discussing the very highly important topics of Taqwa and Hayaa'. Each of these topics are fundamentals of Islam,
and a blog post or two CANNOT express any one of them in its entirety, but I shall do my best. Out there, I'm sure you can find countless books on these topics, and I urge you to do so. (I'm started reading a book entitled The Ideal Muslimah by...I'll get you the author later. So far it's pretty good. It's Islamically educational, and focuses on us "women"(if you are unaware, Islamically you're considered an adult, or accountable for your actions, when you have reached the age, or stage, of puberty. So a ten-year old out there could be considered a woman. But...that may sound unusual or different to some, so that's why I put the word in quotes).

I'm aware that  I'm  leaping from topic to topic, but that's good, isn't it? Learning/brushing up on your Islamic knowledge is always good.
Back to those two fundamentals of Islam I was talking about

Taqwa and Hayaa'

Truly Beautiful they are.  That's Islam. Beautiful.
_____________________________________________

As always, I'm open to comments; after reading the next post, or possibly posts on Taqwa, and Hayaa', share your experiences, views, feelings about Taqwa and Hayaa', how you might be working to maintain these fundamentals, or why you believe they are truly important. Share events that demonstrate absolute LACK of these fundamentals, and why some may be lacking these fundamentals.

Assalamualikum,

3 comments:

  1. asak aspiring muslima
    ive seen things i shouldnoy have seen
    i need to repent ive made duaa but i cant pray at the moment
    i want Allah's sbuh, fogiveness
    any advuce?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ASAK. First, Masha' allah that you yourself feel the urge to repent. You regret it. Some might brush it off and not care. But that's not what you are exhibiting, and that's great. Repent and Make Du'aa. That' what you should do. And instill in your heart that you will never do it again, intend to never repeat that sin or whatever haraam you say you have seen. You don't necessarily have to pray Salah to repent, although that would probably be good too. And this is a post I plan to post Insha' allah in the near future: Repentance, Never Give up On God's Mercy. The doors of repentance are always open, and God is The Merciful.
    Thanks for commenting your concern,
    may Allah(SWT) Forgive, Guide, and Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to reinforce this: GOD IS THE MERCIFUL. Sincere Repentance, Insha' allah=Forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete