Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Day of Arafah

ASAK.
Before I begin, check the schedule. It's been updated. Yes, again, but this time on the same post.
Arafah is tomorrow! Eid the day after that!
I'm really sorry I had to change the topic schedule so that I would resume most of the topics after Eid,  but time is restricted for me at the moment, and Arafah and Eid are right around the corner, so...
Back to Arafah.
‘Arafah (the 9th day of Dhul-Hijjah) (for those who are not performing Hajj); the Prophet (peace be on him) said: “Fasting on the day of ‘Arafah expiates two years of sins last year’s and next year’s and fasting on the tenth of Muharram (‘Ashura) expiates the previous year’s (of sins).” (Muslim and others).

For those of you who have been read the post I made in October, Voluntary Fasting,
you would recognize this hadith. I wish I could spice this post up a little, with more hadith or explanations or details, but I have less than fifteen minutes till I leave the computer.
Arafah is tomorrow,
so Insha' allah all of us who are able,
will fast!

ASAK

No comments:

Post a Comment