Wednesday, December 23, 2009

If I Should Speak by Umm Zakiyyah

"Umm Zakiyyah's deft representation of reality in this fictitious novel is astounding."
--Ayesha Chung-The American Muslim Magazine.

"...a refreshing exploration of the unavoidable interaction between Muslims and Christians. The novel belongs to...a genre worthy of scholarly study."
--Professor K. Bryant, Howard University.


How I read it:
"What happened was that someone told me about this book. Said it was really good, an Islamic novel and everything. I looked it up at the library. Didn't find it. And I had some Barnes and Noble gift cards I had received and were waiting in my wallet to be used, so I bought it. I am so thankful, and glad that I did.
It is a book I'm proud to have on my bookshelf."
Don't ask me why this is Italic and in quotes. It looks nice this way.
_______________________________________________________________________________
If I Should Speak by Umm Zakiyyah is written, overall, with good quality, but the spiritual feeling, the spiritual and Islamic aspect she touched and how she portrayed it was amazing. The Da'wa was lovely, simply wonderful. The book is full of compelling logic, showing that Islam isn't a complex, confusing religion that you're forced into and where women are oppressed, it is a religion that is the one clear truth, the one clear way, pronouncing those good morals everyone knows about such as honesty, modesty, and kindness, as an actual part of religion and way to step closer to receiving God's Love and Mercy, and Paradise in the Hereafter Insha' allah. Any Non-Muslims reading this post, you might like to read this as well. It is good reading, and you may connect with it, as the comment by Professor K. Bryant says explores "the unavoidable interaction between Muslims and
Christians."
 I encourage everyone to buy it(online); I'm not sure if you'll find it at your library or at an actual bookstore like Barnes and Noble.
Any Q's about the book? You read it and want to share your feelings/opinions about it?
Shoot me a comment.
ASAK Everyone,

No comments:

Post a Comment