Thursday, September 17, 2009

The 27th

If my brain is working properly at 2:28 AM in the morning, it is the 27th of Ramadan, is it not?
As it MAY be the blessed night of Layla tul Qadr, I am at a local masjid and have been here since Isha, praying Taraweeh, not to mention standing for what felt like forever on dua; I'm not complaining, Insha' allah I recieved many good deeds, but my back was starting to hurt...
Anyways,
then there was the Qiyam prayers,
and now I have till 3:30, and then we resume the "program", as the Imam called it.
I hope you Muslims out there who can are, or are planning to perform worship sometime tonight, I know for many that since they have school and whatnot it is difficult to stay at the masjid all night.
But some, I am assuming, could take off a day or so.
Alhamdulilah, I was able to spend the night here at the masjid.
A fellow Muslim sister had a laptop with her, and I decided to make a special post from the masjid at what is now 2:32 AM just for you; isn't that special??
Anyone wanting to share Ramadan or 27th of Ramadan experiences?
Drop those comments by; I'm always open for 'em.
Salamualikum,
your Muslim sister hunched on the carpet over this nice, gleaming laptop,

5 comments:

  1. Asalamu Alaykum Islamic Muslima!!! I just saw you on eid!!! (hint...you came to my house). i am hoping you can reply on this topic, it is kind of a thinking question. Anyways, as u know, i got back from pakistan, and i was really surprised and a little confused on how people think about islam there. They are just little things, like their view on if it is ok in Islam to hang up pictures (people say that it is ok as long as you dont worship the photos) and like everyone says here that when you go on the ground in prayer, (is it called sujda??) your elbows have to be above the ground,whereas in pakistan people keep their elbows down on the ground because you nose and forehead are to the ground, so why not elbows?(by the way, all this info came from THEIR imams and sheiks) These are just 2 little things that people think about differently, but they make a big difference, dont they? I just wanted to know, how do we know we are doing right, when everyone else is also so sure that THEY are right? Because in pakistan, i am told to do things like they do, and told in america to do the opposite. so WHICH ONE???

    I hope i didnt ramble too much. it was a long question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pashma, pashma, pashma
    Thankfully my username is so populer
    ASPIRING!!! muslima knows your talking about u
    AND NOT ME!!!
    anyway AM
    how did u get access to a computer in a masjid at 2:28 am?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How bout doin a topic for boys
    all ur other posts are kindof girly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruler for humor, i WASNT trying to hide who i am. Inspiring muslima knows who i am so dont acuse me of acusing you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. her name is ASPIRING MUSLIMA
    NOT Inspiring
    For god's sake
    Pahma
    what kind of name is that????

    ReplyDelete