Sunday, July 31, 2011

Memorization Goal for this Ramadan

ASAK :)
Often, many Muslims will make a goal to read the entire Quran by the end of Ramadan, or to read a good portion of the Tafsir...etc. Another idea is to memorize a Surah. It could be a few short Surahs, or a fairly large one. The important point is to use this blessed time to read and memorize Quran, to increase our treasure chest. I refer to the surahs we have memorized as treasure, and our memorizing mind as the chest.  It's a simple enough analogy.

At the masjid I went to this evening, a Quran Memorization Contest was announced. According to age level, for children under 7 years old the Surah was: Surat-ad-Duha, for kids 7-12: Surat-Al-Ghashiyah, and for teens 13-17: Surat-al-Jumaa. There was another Surah for adults over the age of 17 but I can't recall it. Anyway, insha' Allah I have decided to memorize Surat-al-Jumaa. Obviously, kids aged 7-12 who have already memorized Surat-ad-Duha(and there are so many kids I know who are well beyond that Surah) wouldn't just recite that Surah but move on to a higher level.

Just wanted to share one of my Ramadan commitments! I would love to hear about any of the goals you have set for yourself this Ramadan! Remember you can always comment anonymously if you would prefer to.

Happy Ramadan!

No comments:

Post a Comment