Sunday, April 17, 2011

Never Let it Go

Never let your faith(Iman) and your consciousness of Allah(SWT)/God(Taqwa) go. No matter how busy you are with school, with friends, with work, with the daily worries and joys of life. After all, all of this is because of Allah(SWT). He is the one who gives you everything you have and everything you will have...He's the one who has given you all that you have, and the one who can give you all that you want. Hopefully, it's Paradise in the Hereafter, most of all.  When I say never let your Iman go, I don't mean just remember God. If you truly remember God and mind that remembrance, then you will read the Quran regularly, pray sincerely, and do your best to improve yourself to be the most excellent embodiment of the good person.
A good friend of mine went through an experience in which she loosened her grip on her Iman. She didn't exactly start disobeying the rules of Islam...for example, she didn't start dating or take off her hijab, or stop praying, but she found her passion and firm conviction for Islam dwindling...she recently had become much more busy with work so I suppose that could be one of the reasons this happened. Anyway, she started hurrying her prayers so that they took up a very small amount of time, she stopped praying Sunnah prayers, and she barely picked up the Quran. During this time, she started becoming...not entirely depressed, but I saw her happy face a lot less often. I assumed it was because of her business but even when she spent time with friends, she wasn't relaxed and carefree. When she confided in me, she herself didn't even realize what was causing her to feel uncomfortable. I saw that what was causing her to feel sad and even gloomy at times was her distance from God. The entire experience of listening to her slow and gradual separation from her interest in her religion really made me grateful that Allah(SWT) Helped me to keep my Taqwa. She, masha' Allah, had always been a very strong Muslimah in my eyes, and I think the fact that she actually came to realize what was wrong proved that her Iman was strong and Allah(SWT) Rewarded her by giving it back to her. Particularly because she immediately adjusted her routine to include time to re-strengthen her relationship with Allah(SWT). I suppose I learned multiple lessons from this, and insha' Allah you will as well.
What I want you to walk away with:
1). The high importance of maintaining your relationship with Allah(SWT).


Please Comment with Opinions, Questions, Reflections, and Anything Else. Please be Courteous.


Assalamualaikum(Peace be Upon You)


7 comments:

  1. ahahaha talking about me arent ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was very...inspiring lol. iA every1 can keep a strong relationship with Allah with good faith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bah, ain't funny.

    This can really apply to many people, such as a friend of mine. Very inspiring post.

    On a side note, another friend and I are having difficulty keeping focus in our prayers. Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  4. To the first Anonymous, Thank you. insha' Allah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. To the 2nd Anonymous, insha' Allah I will respond to your concern soon in a post. Actually, I started replying in a comment just now but the comment became very, very long so I thought that it would be better to take time to publish a solid post insha' Allah. Please wait for it.
    ASAK

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW :) I had/ am having the same predicament may Allah be with her :] I missed you soooooo much!!!! I was like, I haven't spoken to her in forever, and she doesn't post on her blog so GAH but boy am I blessed to see you're still illuminating like a light bulb.
    Kouthar :-)
    No really we gotta IM sometime

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww...illuminating like a light bulb? :D Thanks. Miss you too. Yah, email me when you're available!

    ReplyDelete